Outreach Newsletters 2016
Produced by the WELS Commission on Evangelism, this product is designed to help your congregation reach out to people with God’s Word—especially those on your prospect list. Each month’s article is supplied in English and Spanish. There is also a colorful banner for use with all of the articles. (View a sample article.)
THEME: Jesus is the Savior
The new outreach movie, My Son My Savior, portrays Mary experiencing and pondering the miracle of Jesus’ coming and humbly growing in her understanding that her son is also her Savior. The main message of the movie for all viewers is that Jesus is their Savior too. Outreach Newsletters 2016 focuses on that main message. The monthly articles treat aspects of the truth that Jesus is the Savior:
- January – Jesus is the One and Only Savior ( John 1:14)
- February – Jesus is the Suffering Savior (Isaiah 53: 3,7)
- March – Jesus is the Risen Savior (John 14:19)
- April – Jesus is the World’s Savior (John 3:16)
- May – Jesus is the Ascended Savior (Philippians 2:9-11)
- June – Jesus is my Savior by Faith (Mark 15:16)
- July – Jesus is my Savior from Sin (1 John 1:7)
- August – Jesus is my Savior from Death (Romans 6:23)
- September – Jesus is my Savior from Satan (1 John 3:8)
- October – Jesus is my Savior from Myself (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- November – Jesus is my Savior from the World (John 16:33)
- December – Jesus is my Savior from Fear (Luke 2:10-11)
Outreach Newsletters 2016 is available on CD. The Northwestern Publishing House product number for the CD is: 388027 and the cost is $18.00 plus shipping. New for 2016 is that the product is also available as a download. The NPH product number for the download version is: 388027E and the cost is $15.00 (and no shipping cost).
These devotion booklets were developed by the WELS Commission on Evangelism for congregations to use for outreach and distribute to members.
Jesus’ Death and Resurrection
Focus on the passion of Jesus and his glorious resurrection in 34 devotions based on the Gospel of Matthew, Chapters 26-28. The booklet is 8½ by 4 inches and 46 pages. (View sample.)
No matter what the circumstance in life, the apostle Paul exhorts us to “rejoice in the Lord always.” In 35 devotions based on the Book of Philippians, study the source of our Easter joy – the grace of Jesus. The booklet is 8½ by 4 inches and 42 pages. (View sample.)
The Book of Ruth
This Old Testament book of the Bible is a love story about a woman named Ruth and the man she met and married, Boaz. But it’s really about God’s love and his saving plan to include these two people in the ancestral line of the Savior, Jesus Christ. It is a love story for the ages. There are 20 devotions in a 25 page booklet, 8 1/2 x 4 inches. (View sample.)
Suggested ways to use these devotion booklets:
- Give to worship service guests.
- Send to people on your congregation’s prospect list.
- Make them available for members with a suggested reading plan.
- Ask members to share them with people they know who need Jesus.
- Use them at meetings of the church staff, boards, committees and organizations.
- Give them to the children’s confirmation class for reading and discuss in class.
- Give them to those who are enrolled in the adult instruction class.
- Make them available for people in your congregation’s Bible classes.
All devotions are available through Northwestern Publishing House. The booklets are only sold in packs of 10. The price for each pack is $15.00 (plus shipping).
Find more evangelism resources for your congregation.